Euro NCAP Crash Test of Tesla Model 3 2019
- Published: 03 July 2019
- Euro NCAP performs a series of crash tests on each model tested:
- a frontal impact test, the car impacts a rigid barrier
- an offset frontal impact test, 40% of the width of the car is striking a deformable barrier
- a pole test, the tested car is propelled sideways into a rigid pole
- a side impact test, a mobile deformable barrier impacts the driver's door.
A series of pedestrian tests are conducted with different impactors, adult and child head form, lower and upper leg form and whiplash tests are performed on a sled.
Active safety is tested based on the car’s equipment: autonomous emergency braking systems (car to car, with a pedestrian and a cyclist target), lane support and speed assist technologies and seatbelt reminders.
All details on the Euro NCAP Website:
Tesla Model 3 2019 test information https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/Tesla/Model-3/37573
Euro NCAP July 2019 Press release https://www.euroncap.com/en/press-media/press-releases/tesla-mercedes-and-skoda-score-a-touchdown-in-euro-ncap-s-latest-safety-tests/